Re: Source Code showing in Browser

From: Alessandro Perilli (peris_at_tiscali.it)
Date: 05/17/03

    Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 17:10:31 +0200

    On Sat, 17 May 2003 23:33:49 +1000, Penny wrote:

    > When I select the provided 500:100 error page in FILE (not URL or Default)
    > format, the asp code is displayed in the browser. This occurs for any
    > custom asp error page set as a custom error page.
    >
    > Is this due to lax security?
    >
    > Any ammo appreciated before I confront the system administrators!

    This is a normal behavior in IIS 4.0 and 5.0. To have ASP page processed
    you need to specify custom error ASP page as URL.

    --
    Alessandro Perilli
    Security Consultant / Trainer

    • Problem with ASP.NET validation and custom errors on IIS
      ... I'm having a custom error page on my IIS. ... ASP error page for "404 Not Found" error. ... contains a couple of validating controls. ... I get a javascript "Syntax error". ...
    • Re: trapping script timeout errors
      ... using a dsn-less connection in the ... ASP page. ... > Perhaps your query method is inefficient? ... >> Is there a way to redirect to a custom error page if the script times ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
    • Re: IIS 5.0 SSL Redirect
      ... Create a custom error page, make it an ASP page, set the error type in IIS ... get the current script name use: ...
    • Re: ASP and ADSI to get Users in Domain
      ... > Using ASP and ADSI how can I check to see if a user is in ... CCSI - CCSE 2000 - CCSE+ NG ... CCNA - CIWP - CIWSA - CCA XP ...