URLScan and IIS6

From: Douglas Martin (lab_at_martinlab.com)
Date: 05/12/03

Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:33:13 -0700

I've upgraded one of my servers to W2K03 and installed
IIS6 on a fresh install, not an upgrade from W2K and
IIS5. I had been running URLSCAN 2.5 (I think) on that
box prior to the rebuild.

Is URLSCAN functionality built into IIS6 or should I
install the latest URLSCAN (is there a Win 2003 specific
verion out or due out)? What I have read just indicated
you better install URLSCAN on W2K/IIS5 prior
to "upgrading" your serve to W2K03/IIS6.

regards,

doug

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Where is the IIS6 IISLockdown setup files located?
    ... IIS6 nor give instructions on how to install it. ... URLScan on IIS6 due to security changes. ...
  • Re: Where is the IIS6 IISLockdown setup files located?
    ... You can install URLScan if you wish, it does have a few features that were ... You can't install IISLockdown currently on IIS6, ...
  • Re: URLScan and IIS6
    ... IIS6 is locked down by default, so you do not need to run IIS Lockdown ... URLScan can run on IIS6 if you wish. ... and the upgrade/clean install to IIS6. ...
  • Re: URLScan, multiple .ini files
    ... I have URLSCAN version 1.0 installed. ... Is there an Upgrade for URLScan only? ... >> You need to take the ISAPI Filter out of Global WWW and install it ...
  • Re: Where is the IIS6 IISLockdown setup files located?
    ... Can you tell me how to do the 'in place upgrade'? ... >You only can have urlscan in IIS 6.0 if you do a in place ... install in your IIS6.0 ... Windows and IIS help ...