Re: security in IIS use

From: BB (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/12/03

Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:42:03 +0800

Try
Resources for Securing Internet Information Services
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=282060

ensure machine are always up to date, www.microsoft.com/security/
and virus free.

note: xp pro has 10 inbound connection limitation, you might
want to upgrade to w2k server or windows 2003 server.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Nathan" <nzygmund@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have just become interested in branching into e-
> commerce. I upgraded to XP pro and plan to install IIS. A
> friend and fellow web designer told me to be concerned
> with the security of my machine when IIS is installed.
> Please explain. What security measures should I take?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Securing against an internet based intrusion
    ... trying to access your computer via a server service such as file and print ... his "computer" could not authenticate to your VPN. ... our current security in reply to Lanwench's post. ... You can use Local Security Policy in XP Pro only ...
  • RE: Cant see other computers/nodes on network!
    ... The only difference with XP Pro and home is XP Pro offers some extra office ... For instance, when i look at server logs, most the time I view exploit ... standard for security is exactly what bad guys seem to target most. ... I find myself using the same 3rd party utilities on Windows Server 2003 I ...
  • Re: Mapping Drives in Windows Server 2003 HELP!
    ... affects the client if in domain) check that the machine is allowed ... Security Settings in the Computer branch, or that it is at least ... allowed to use a protocol that agrees with what the server allows. ... >> Assuming Simple File Sharing is turned off on the XP Pro machine...? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Home Network Probs
    ... >> security products, like Norton Internet Security or McAfee Internet ... ZA Pro has been setup to allow network comms from ... Now read more about file sharing, between all different versions of Windows: ...
  • Re: Not accessing shares through IR connection
    ... check to see if Simple File Sharing (Control Panel - Folder ... On XP Pro with SFS disabled, check the Local Security Policies (Control Panel - ... On XP Pro with Simple File Sharing enabled, make sure that the Guest account is ...