security in IIS use

From: Nathan (nzygmund_at_aol.com)
Date: 05/11/03

Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 11:52:50 -0700

I have just become interested in branching into e-
commerce. I upgraded to XP pro and plan to install IIS. A
friend and fellow web designer told me to be concerned
with the security of my machine when IIS is installed.
Please explain. What security measures should I take?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: security in IIS use
    ... want to upgrade to w2k server or windows 2003 server. ... I upgraded to XP pro and plan to install IIS. ... What security measures should I take? ...
  • IIS 6.0 Unattended install
    ... Is is best to install IIS 6.0 on windows 2003 on the d drive for security. ... If somone has a answer file already they can post for iis 6.0, ...