Re: exporting ssl cert and private key from iis 4 in pkcs

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 05/03/03

Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 19:36:22 +0800

Try

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=227888
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=185195

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
http://support.microsoft.com/
"Alvan" <alvan.cottrell@bt.com> wrote in message
news:053601c310da$cb35c700$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi there,
>
> I'm attempting to export a ssl certificate and private key
> from IIS4 as a PKCS#7 format.
> The only way have exported a key on the past is via key
> manger but does not export it in the correct format...
> I was told to try
>
> 1)On the IIS4 Web server, export the SSL certificate and
> private key to a PKCS #7 format (.pfx) file:
> a.Go to Internet Explorer
> b.Tools
> c.Internet Options
> d.Content
> e.Certificates
> f.Select Certificate to be exported
> g.Use the Certificate Export Wizard
>
> in step e) I cannot see anything that makes reference to
> the ssl.
> I should point out the server has three different ssl on
> it can any one help.
>
> Thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • exporting ssl cert and private key from iis 4 in pkcs
    ... I'm attempting to export a ssl certificate and private key ... from IIS4 as a PKCS#7 format. ... manger but does not export it in the correct format... ...
  • Re: SSL not working due to IIS missing private key
    ... when you say re-importing the certificate, do you mean re-installing the SSL certificate? ... If so, that does not help, since it appears that IIS "is not aware of any pending request". ... So the cerfificate I install will have no private key associated with it, ... Charles ...
  • Re: Cant get to SSL site
    ... working, I noticed that for some reason, the private key seems to be missing ... from my IIS. ... associated with this SSL certificate! ... and from which the SSL certificate is ...
  • mark private key exportable
    ... How do I transfer a SSL certificate with it's private key ... I had to upgrade this server to windows 2003. ... on a serverB running win2003 and moved the web site there. ... "The associated private key is marked as not exportable". ...