Re: Still can log on when password expires

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k_at_despammed.com)
Date: 04/30/03

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:31:37 -0400

Yes, I believe it's a registry setting that controls how long IIS caches
that logon information. It's been mentioned here before in the past few
months. Search this newsgroup for the past 3 months by going to
www.google.com/advanced_group_search

"Michael Larionov" <michael.larionov@born.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Our little web application uses basic authentication against the Active
> Directory domain server (both Win2K)
> The domain has 40-day password expiration policy. I would expect after the
> password expires I won't be able to
> log on into the web site. However even though my password expired
yesterday
> I can still use the web app.
>
> Is there any setting in IIS to prevent the users with expires passwords
from
> logging in to the web site?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP Clients do not get "PW expire" messages etc.
    ... fix it. ... > There's a registry setting on each workstation that controls how many days ... > before being warned that the password expires. ... None of our XP users get notification of their pw expiring ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Windows Auth, MUST change password
    ... > If a user's password expires or an admin otherwise set the "user must ... > password" flag it appears that a user can no longer access the web site. ...
  • Re: XP Clients do not get "PW expire" messages etc.
    ... There's a registry setting on each workstation that controls how many days ... before being warned that the password expires. ... None of our XP users get notification of their pw expiring ... > W2K and Win98 clients are OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Still can log on when password expires
    ... Directory domain server ... The domain has 40-day password expiration policy. ... password expires I won't be able to ... log on into the web site. ...