Re: Secure Site Logon

From: Tom Kaminski [MVP] ((A_at_T))
Date: 04/28/03

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:41:59 -0400

"Al MAcKay" <amackay@cpamerica.org> wrote in message
news:02df01c30d89$e927dbd0$3301280a@phx.gbl...
> I just finished migrating our web server from Win NT
> (IIS4) to 2000 (IIS5). On the old system we used local
> groups to provide logon autentication for the web sites.
> The upgrade cleared all the local accounts as expected.
>
> What I would like to know if there is any way of taking
> the user data I have stored in Access and importing it to
> create new local user accounts in order to prevent my
> having to individually set up 150+ local accounts.

You should be able to use ADSI to script something. Start here:
http://www.15seconds.com/focus/ADSI.htm

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Or is there a better way to autenticate site users loging
> into a secure side of a web site?

Relevant Pages

  • Secure Site Logon
    ... to 2000 (IIS5). ... groups to provide logon autentication for the web sites. ... The upgrade cleared all the local accounts as expected. ...
  • Local User Accounts
    ... to 2000 (IIS5). ... groups to provide logon autentication for the web sites. ... The upgrade cleared all the local accounts as expected. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: IIS and alternative directories
    ... >> want to do it to use my D drive to create all my web sites and ... > path to the new root. ... > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Setting up web sites.
    (microsoft.public.vb.6.webdevelopment)