Re: IIS & SQL Server 7

From: Mike Gabriel (mdgabrie_at_rockwellcollins.com)
Date: 04/25/03

Date: 25 Apr 2003 14:29:45 -0700

Mark,

The way I enable "anonymous access" from my web server to the SQL app
is to use an anonymous userid. Your web server by default uses
IUSR_machinename and controls the password. Instead, create a service
account, say WebAnon, in your domain. Make that the anonymous userid
for the Web server.

Then, on your SQL box, add domain\WebAnon. Give it access to the
databases you desire. This will "tie" the web and sql servers
together.

Note: Even though I work exclusively in an Intranet environment, I
never use anonymous access. You may wish to use an explicit
userid/password for each application.

HTH,
Mike