Re: IIS & SQL Server 7

From: Mike Gabriel (mdgabrie_at_rockwellcollins.com)
Date: 04/25/03

Date: 25 Apr 2003 14:29:45 -0700

Mark,

The way I enable "anonymous access" from my web server to the SQL app
is to use an anonymous userid. Your web server by default uses
IUSR_machinename and controls the password. Instead, create a service
account, say WebAnon, in your domain. Make that the anonymous userid
for the Web server.

Then, on your SQL box, add domain\WebAnon. Give it access to the
databases you desire. This will "tie" the web and sql servers
together.

Note: Even though I work exclusively in an Intranet environment, I
never use anonymous access. You may wish to use an explicit
userid/password for each application.

HTH,
Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does SQL Server Compact 3.1 support multi connection?
    ... Just wanted to add a final note that, though it might be ok to run SQL CE ... All apps and web server, SQLCE 3.1 run on the same machine. ... But I'm meaning simultaneous multiple connections from apps and web ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce)
  • Re: Does SQL Server Compact 3.1 support multi connection?
    ... It's the point that SQL CE not designed for the situation like a web server ... And we expect worst case is like 10 connections. ... But I'm meaning simultaneous multiple connections from apps and web ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce)
  • Re: Query Kills webserver but SQL server runs fine?
    ... >I have a query that looks for addresses in a table and retrieves any of the ... Address1, such as when you are looking for only a street. ... SQL Server MVP ... Only our web server is affected and has to be restarted. ...
  • Re: IIS..MBSA...Anonymous Access
    ... I ran the MBSA utility on my web server and it ... > denying anonymous access. ... The IUSR and IWAM user accounts are the ones by which anonymous access is ... I'm not sure why MBSA would have advised you to disable those accounts. ...
  • Re: fox pro, odbc, remote web server, firewall
    ... There is a cisco2600 first, then theres a web server in the dmz, then a pix ... 506e behind that and a sql box behind that. ... I cannot install fox pro on the web server. ... > IDE needs to be installed on the web server for the Visual FoxPro OLE DB> provider to work. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.odbc)