Re: Where is the IIS6 IISLockdown setup files located?

From: David A. Beck (
Date: 04/25/03

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:34:05 -0700

Can you tell me how to do the 'in place upgrade'? I have
Win Server 2003 with IIS6. I extracted and installed
URLSCAN and checked the windows\system32\inetsrv\urlscan.
It put the dll and ini file there as it should with
logging turned on. However, even after a re-boot, the log
file does not appear. That is how the instructions tell
you to insure it is running.

David A. Beck
upgrade with
>urlscan installed.
>if you just donwload the iislockd.exe, it will not
install in your IIS6.0
wrote in message
>> > You can install URLScan if you wish, it does have a
few features that
>> > not implemented in IIS6. You can't install
IISLockdown currently on
>> > you need to extract URLScan from IISLockdown and
install just Urlscan.
>> That is excellent to hear.
>> > Documentation on IIS6 security features is in your
Windows and IIS help
>> > files and at and
>> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ASP.NET 2.0 maximum URL length?
    ... explicitly installed on my IIS7/Vista system? ... URLScan - an add-on tool I have not installed. ... It's a recommended install for IIS 4.0 and 5.0, ...
  • Re: URLScan, multiple .ini files
    ... I have URLSCAN version 1.0 installed. ... Is there an Upgrade for URLScan only? ... >> You need to take the ISAPI Filter out of Global WWW and install it ...
  • URLScan and IIS6
    ... not an upgrade from W2K and ... Is URLSCAN functionality built into IIS6 or should I ... install the latest URLSCAN (is there a Win 2003 specific ...
  • Re: ASP.NET 2.0 maximum URL length?
    ... URLScan - an add-on tool I have not installed. ... It's a recommended install for IIS 4.0 and 5.0, ... MaxUrl specifies the maximum length of the request URL, ...
  • Re: Urlscan 2.5 unattended install
    ... I will pass this information along as a feature request (note that this does ... UrlScan does not have any dependencies, ... > Bernard Cheah ... >> it as easy as possible to install URLScan on servers. ...