IIS & SQL Server 7

From: Mark (mtaylor_at_globalsolar.com)
Date: 04/25/03

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:03:53 -0700

Hi, I'm trying to get my web server working with SQL
Server. Actually, I have been able to do this for myself
but not for others in the network domain. I have
configured IIS so that it does not allow Anonymous Access,
I have security set to Use Windows Integrated Security;
yet when anyone other than myself tries to communicate
with the page I created that sets up a connection to SQL
Server I get an ODBC error saying access count not be
provided to "/" which I assume means it isn't using
windows integrated security to get the user name and
password. What am I doing wrong?

By the way, all the users on the network have access to
the database. I'm trying to dump an old 2-tier C/S system
for a web based system.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS & SQL Server 7
    ... >I have security set to Use Windows Integrated Security; ... >Server I get an ODBC error saying access count not be ... Probably not providing a SQL user login via Windows Authentication. ...
  • Re: IIS & SQL Server 7
    ... I'm trying to get my web server working with SQL ... > I have security set to Use Windows Integrated Security; ... > with the page I created that sets up a connection to SQL ... IIS doesn't have the user's password to send to ...
  • RE: Fulltext failure on a 2 node cluster
    ... Server full-text search resource online: "SQL Cluster Resource 'Full Text' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: HELP PLEASE ~ ???
    ... You mentioned that it went ahead and added a SQL ... SQL Server 2000 database for all my data. ... find the connectionString in the newly recreated SQLExpress database. ... The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance ...
  • Re: Multi-Channel Raid VS SAN Storage
    ... A 5~6 years old server is a very old server. ... As I mentioned, the server is one node in a cluster environment, and SQL is ... We actually are running RAID 1+0 and our aplication is definately more ... needs it's own SAN device, or at least a dedicated IO channel on the SAN. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)