Re: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request From anything but IE/PC

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 04/24/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:11:21 +0800

Does this happen with a simple hello world html
or asp pages ?

if you use wfetch.exe to compare both browser
header.. any different ?
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=284285

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Steve Kozakoff" <steve@kozakoff.com> wrote in message
> URLScan has been completely removed.  I have even checked IIS to make sure
> the ISAPI filter was removed and it _is_ gone.
>
> I removed URLScan assuming it was the problem because I started getting
> "Received a malformed request which resulted in error 50 while modifying
the
> 'Server' header. Request will be rejected with a 400 response." more
> frequently.  However, I should mention that I never could correlate the
> above error in URLScan to the 400 Errors from Netscape and Mac.
>
> -Steve
>

> "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com> wrote in message
> > What do you see in the urlscanxxxxxx.log ?
> > located at %systemroot%/system32/inetsrv/urlscan ???
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bernard Cheah
> > http://support.microsoft.com/
> >

> > "Steve Kozakoff" <steve@kozakoff.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have a win2k/iis5 server and I cannot post any pages back to the
> server
> > > from any browser other than IE on the PC.  Netscape7/PC and IE5/Mac
both
> > get
> > > the "HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request" message from the server.
> > >
> > > About a month ago I _installed_ the IIS Lockdown Tool & URLScan.  I
have
> > > since removed URLScan to attempt to correct the problem with no
success.
> > > The site is using SSL.  I also have Groupwise Webaccess and PHP
> installed
> > on
> > > the server.
> > >
> > > All GET requests to the server work fine.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions as to what setting IIS Lockdown could change to make
> POSTs
> > > from Netscape and Macs not work.  I cannot roll back the IIS Lockdown
> > since
> > > I have deleted the original backup.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Steve Kozakoff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: About http method trace track options in IIS4
    ... I doubt URLScan will have any noticable affect on the performance of your ... "translate:" header because it sometimes causes lots of urlscan logging you ... request. ... of allowed parts of requests reaching the server. ...
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] DoS in Apache 2.0.52 ?
    ... OpenSSL/0.9.7c DAV/2 PHP/4.3.4 Server. ... >> lot of CPU usage and hangs the webserver. ... >> considers it as an extension to the previous line header. ... That fix was for the long request field header when the ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: URLScan and Server Variables - ASP.NET
    ... server variable to hold my virtual Directory Name - VirDir. ... Request will be rejected. ... used to specify a replacement for IIS's built in 'Server' header ... Maps to webhits.dll, part of Index Server ...
  • Re: Cant see Plows messages
    ... When you request that header the server then searches ... Google Groups treats this request by ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Apache webserver
    ... Do you have a complete example of persistance using the Apace server? ... request arguments, for example, each request type has an ACTION field ... So the CGI program function) is just a big switch. ... Then the mainprepend the output the header to ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)