IIS Lockdown Tool messed up my site

From: Kahlil (aaronPleaseDontSpamMe@ksadvertising.com)
Date: 04/20/03

From: "Kahlil" <aaronPleaseDontSpamMe@ksadvertising.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:38:49 -0400

Hello,
    I develop my web sites/applications on a WinXP system running IIS5.1
with the .NET SDK installed in Dreamweaver MX and MS Access 2000 DBs. I do a
lot of stuff with ASP and VBScript still and I came across the iis lockdown
tool the other day while research how to protect my computer. I downloaded
and installed the lockdown tool and now all my applications that have a
connection to an ODBC DSN are not working. When I try to make a connection
to a DSN on my machine through DWMX, the string looks like
"dsn=MY.DATABASE;uid=;pw=;", I get a "unidentified error." When I put my asp
pages on my testing site and try to browse them with explorer, any page that
tries to use the connection string returns this error:

"ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BB9)
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
conflict with one another.
"

I tried uninstalling the lockdown tool, but that didn't help.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks in advance!

|<

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS Lockdown Tool messed up my site
    ... > the wrong connection string in my code. ... >> connection to an ODBC DSN are not working. ... >> I tried uninstalling the lockdown tool, ...
  • Re: IIS Lockdown Tool messed up my site
    ... > Ok, I fixed the error when browsing the site, turns out I was referencing> the wrong connection string in my code. ... >> lot of stuff with ASP and VBScript still and I came across the iis> lockdown ... >> connection to an ODBC DSN are not working. ... >> I tried uninstalling the lockdown tool, ...
  • Re: IIS Lockdown Tool messed up my site
    ... the wrong connection string in my code. ... > lot of stuff with ASP and VBScript still and I came across the iis ... > connection to an ODBC DSN are not working. ... > I tried uninstalling the lockdown tool, ...
  • Re: [SOLVED] Cannot display provider-specific login prompt
    ... scenario where the program wouldn't have to know about the database, ... ConnectionStringBuilder up to a PropertyGrid for the end user to populate), ... details of the connection, for the sake of the program being able to connect ... information about the connection string that I will need. ...
  • Re: Complicated Connection Problems bewteen ADP and SQL Server
    ... front end on the 5-8 workstations where the users happen to sit. ... expertise for getting the user workstations talking to the SQL Server. ... connection would fail and the adp wouldn't be able to talk to the server. ... thought that I should instead change my connection string to something ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)