Disable SmartHTML Interpreter?

From: Andy (endocrantz@NOSPAM.excite.com)
Date: 04/18/03

From: "Andy" <endocrantz@NOSPAM.excite.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:38:49 -0700

Can anyone offer a description of how to disable the
SmartHTML Interpreter?

I know I can use the IIS lockdown tool to disable
SmartHTML as described in MS02-053. Sometimes it would be
nice to just set a registry key or file bits instead, if
possible. For various reasons running the lockdown tool
isn't always convenient.

Thank you,

- Andy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What I would like the MS IIS Lockdown tool todo
    ... What I would like the MS IIS Lockdown tool todo ... the security team at MS really does care about the security of their ... rather than just letting them die in a public forum. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Lockdown tool newbie
    ... >ran the IIS Lockdown tool, although I cancelled out before it finished. ... The Lockdown Tool doesn't lock you out of anything, ... understand what you're doing and why, and the risks involved in each ...
  • IIS Lock Down Tool
    ... URLScan, the IIS lockdown tool was reinitiated and we were ... reset the IIS metabase and changes made to IIS between ...
  • Re: Reporting Service doesnt Work
    ... Anyhow Lockdown tool removes the enable session state mark under ... be sure to apply it to IIS-enabled SMS site system ... > computer as an SMS site system. ... For more information about the IIS Lockdown tool, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: SUS Lockdown tool
    ... >After insatalling SUS and the IIS lockdown tool my web based intranet would not work, i have restarted iis service but the pages will still not load. ... Uninstall the lockdown tool. ...