Re: Strange folders under Inetpub

From: BB (
Date: 04/15/03

From: "BB" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:01:58 +0800

You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder

especially - 120716

turn of ftp anonymous access if you are not using it,
make sure patch your server up to date, refer

you might not know what else the hacker might left behind, if
possible rebuilt entire machine.

Bernard Cheah
"Mark Schwartz" <> wrote in message
> I noticed a few strange folders under the Inetpub folder
> and was hoping someone could shed some light on them.
> folder was named " " (one space).  Folder 2 named "  " (2
> spaces). Folder 3 named "7" and folder 4 named ".
> tagged ; ."  I can not delete, rename, move, etc.. any of
> these folders.  McAfee did not detect any virus.  Any
> information will be helpful.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Email enable doc lib
    ... navigate to the public folder and send some posts with attachments to the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... I have disabled forms base Athentication from the default V.Smtp server ...
  • Re: Outlook not sending mail to 1 contact.
    ... outbound boundary SMTP mail server. ... rerouted internally right back into your account. ... The Outbox folder will only be non-empty DURING an e-mail session. ... e-mail client will move the draft of your e-mail into the Outbox folder ...
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... User Name: SERVER$ ... Regarding the shares accessing problem, I suggest you try following steps ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
  • Re: Newbie with a smallbiz2000 installation, check my config?
    ... > Windows creates a profile path under Documents & Settings. ... > a folder with that name already exists (maybe a local user with the ... > server, open the properties for this folder, and ensure that you have ... > you redirect key folders from a user's profile to a location on your ...
  • Re: Cannot reply/forward in OWA - Page cannot be displayed
    ... I understand all the pictures in the OWA ... Check if OfficeScan is installed on the SBS server. ... Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ... Locate the Urlcache folder. ...