Re: Strange folders under Inetpub

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 04/15/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:01:58 +0800

Try
You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320081

especially - 120716

turn of ftp anonymous access if you are not using it,
make sure patch your server up to date, refer www.microsoft.com/security/

you might not know what else the hacker might left behind, if
possible rebuilt entire machine.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Mark Schwartz" <mschwartz@blumshapiro.com> wrote in message
> I noticed a few strange folders under the Inetpub folder
> and was hoping someone could shed some light on them.
> folder was named " " (one space).  Folder 2 named "  " (2
> spaces). Folder 3 named "7" and folder 4 named ".
> tagged ; ."  I can not delete, rename, move, etc.. any of
> these folders.  McAfee did not detect any virus.  Any
> information will be helpful.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Email enable doc lib
    ... navigate to the public folder and send some posts with attachments to the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... I have disabled forms base Athentication from the default V.Smtp server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook not sending mail to 1 contact.
    ... outbound boundary SMTP mail server. ... rerouted internally right back into your account. ... The Outbox folder will only be non-empty DURING an e-mail session. ... e-mail client will move the draft of your e-mail into the Outbox folder ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Newbie with a smallbiz2000 installation, check my config?
    ... > Windows creates a profile path under Documents & Settings. ... > a folder with that name already exists (maybe a local user with the ... > server, open the properties for this folder, and ensure that you have ... > you redirect key folders from a user's profile to a location on your ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... User Name: SERVER$ ... Regarding the shares accessing problem, I suggest you try following steps ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Disappearing disk space?
    ... I switched off the AV scanning completely last night and the ... Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP ... %systemroot%\Sysvol folder ... KB309422 - Guidelines for choosing antivirus software to run on the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)