Re: WFetch & Reading Dynamic Pages

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 04/12/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:15:51 +0800

Check you application mapping on ASP - is it map to asp.dll ?
It will not return the source script to you, unless IIS didn't process with
asp.dll and return it as a text file.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Ray" <res0cu5i@verizon@net> wrote in message
>     I'm running WFetch from my laptop (Win2k Pro - SP3), so this is a
remote
> connection.  After reading your post I thought, for some odd reason my
> permissions may have allowed me to read the raw script, so I tried it on a
> site where I'm just an anonymous user.
> WFetch    ver 1.2
> Verb        GET
> Host        www.somesite.com
> Port        default
> Ver        1.1
> Path    /default.asp
> Auth    Anonymous
> Connect    http
> Trace - selected
> Socket, Reuse - selected
>
> In the response section of the log I see script tags, this particular site
> in JavaScript 1.2.  I get the same results (raw script) whether it's the
> default.asp, default.aspx or global.asa.
>
> \r\n
>
> <h2 style="font:8pt/11pt verdana; color:000000">HTTP Error 500-15 -
Requests
> for global.asa not allowed<br>\r\n
>
> Internet Information Services</h2>\r\n
>

>   What additional info do you need?
> TIA
> Ray
>

> "Atrax _" <anonymous@devdex.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not familiar with WFetch - but I can certainly say that you can't
> > get the raw script over a standard HTTP request - you'd have to be
> > running on the same machine (accessing locally) or maping the HTTP
> > request to an FTP or other connection to retrieve the code
> >
> > can you provide any further info?

> > I got bored with my old signature,
> > so I changed it
> >
> > Atrax. MVP, IIS
> > http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

  • Re: Secured IIS Project - IIS 4.0 Secure Script
    ... Secured IIS Project - IIS 4.0 Secure Script ... Machines which were upgraded from IIS 2.0 (original NT installation), ... Remove FTP Service ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: INETINFO and ASP Trouble
    ... seeing many IIS and ASP errors in the event log, ... > Event Type: Error ... > Event Source: Service Control Manager ... IIS log failed to write entry, Script timed out. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: IIS 4.0 DOS attack?
    ... Subject: IIS 4.0 DOS attack? ... patch distribution script we use (exploded hotfixes applied through ... a lot of our servers were fine -- we just ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Webservice to an Out of process server
    ... I've create a COM server in VFP which I try to access from a Webservice ... If you want to run executables on IIS from a script (i.e. an ASP, ASP.Net, ... well as Web Service Extension for the appropriate Script Engine. ...
  • Re: WFetch & Reading Dynamic Pages
    ... The IIS permissions are set READ, ... The IIS -READ permission allows scripts to be read by WFetch. ... > It will not return the source script to you, ... >> permissions may have allowed me to read the raw script, ...