Re: SSL Help

From: Brian (brian_scheible@amsec.com)
Date: 04/10/03

From: "Brian" <brian_scheible@amsec.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:11:50 -0700

I had similar issue first time I had to install Cert. My
problem was actually installing the wrong certificate. I
was installing the CA's cert. See article Q265847 for
more info if this helps.

Through HTTPS
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290391
>
>HOW TO: Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on
the Web Server or on
>an Intermediate Device
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290051
>
>"Cannot find server" or "DNS" Errors When Using SSL (Q &
A)
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292296
>

>if you do a netstat -an, do you see any binding of port
443 ?

>anything in eventlog ?
>

>--
>Regards,
>Bernard Cheah
>http://support.microsoft.com/
>

>"Frank Py" <fpy@proactnet.com> wrote in message
>> I have been tasked with using SSL for our default Web
site. I am using
>> Windows 2K Server and IIS. Having problems setting up
SSL just on my
>> default site. In my browser I type: https://MySite/ I
get "The page
>> cannot be displayed. Cannot find server or DNS error".
>>
>> This is after I go to Default Web site, Directory
Security, Secure
>> Communications, Edit and set Require Secure Channel
(SSL).

>> I set up my own CA as a Stand Alone Root CA. Setup
certificate services.
>> I understand I need a "Server Certificate" This is
where I having
>> problems understanding. I requested, approved and
installed a
>> certificate, but how do I know its the right
certificate. I understand
>> there can be only one "Server Certificate". Help
appreciated. Thanks.
>> Frank
>>

>> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com
***
>> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • SSL problem using Macintosh browser
    ... I'm still unclear about "installing the certificate". ... experience with SSL is light. ... It installs on the web server. ...
  • Re: SSL Problems
    ... Chances are, when you installed the certificate, it got bound to the wrong ... and ran ssl diag and no errors came up and STILL ... > sites on my IIS server except for this one. ... >>> I am getting page cannot be displayed after installing ...
  • SSL Certificate wont Bind to Default Web Site Server 2008
    ... We created a SSL ... Certificate and installed it for Web Mail and RPC over HTTP access. ... possibly after installing a number of patches and performing a re-start. ...
  • Re: SSL Key on IIS4.0 - Installation of VeriSign Global Server ID
    ... "Bala" wrote in message ... > Installing a SSL on a Microsoft IIS 4.0 Server ... > I am trying to install a new SSL certficate on a Windows ... > getting this error "The Certificate is invalid. ...
  • Re: Proposal for a new PKI model (At least I hope its new)
    ... > Then the world would have no problem trusting your domain level PKI ... coined the term "certificate manufacturing" to distinquish from actual ... it turns out that one of the reasons for the SSL server domain name ...
    (sci.crypt)