IIS 5.1 SSL

From: Brian (brian_scheible@amsec.com)
Date: 04/10/03

From: "Brian" <brian_scheible@amsec.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:06:58 -0700

I am using Windows XP Professional with Internet
Information Services 5.1 .
I created a web site and want to use SSL so I requested a
server certificate
in the Directory Security tab of the web site properties.
I then use my
Windows 2000 Server as a CA and go to localhost/certsrv to
process the
certificate, and when I go back to the XP machine to
install I keep getting
"Failed to Install the Certificate" "Keyset does not
exist". I made sure
the server wasn't the issue by using an NT 4.0 server
running IIS 4.0,
created a site from scratch and requested a certificate,
used the 2000
server as the CA to process the request and finally went
back to the 4.0
server machine and installed the certificate. I was able
to connect to the
site using SSL. Would I need to process the request from
a CA running
Windows 2003?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Publishing Companyweb for external access on SBS2003 R2 With I
    ... would like to show out the recommended steps to publish companyweb. ... To publish companyweb in ISA Server 2004, we can simply run the CEICW ... "Allow access to only the following Web site services from the internet" ... On the "Web Server Certificate" page, choose to create a new Web server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Getting rid of a rogue SSl certificate
    ... > Please follow the steps below to check the certificate on ISA. ... > server name, select prop. ... network, firewall, secure Web site, and e-mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA2004 RWW/OWA doesnt work
    ... in ISA server 2004 web publishing rules. ... Click the "Connect to the Internet" link. ... entire Web site from the Internet" is selected. ... On the "Web Server Certificate" page, choose to create a new Web server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RPC-OVER-HTTP
    ... The easiest way to verify this is open IE and connect to your web site with ... Certificate does not match the Web Site ... using RPC over HTTP and must be corrected before proceeding further. ... > server and RPC proxy has been enabled on the server. ...
  • Re: Cannot request certificate on client computer
    ... re-connect both computer and user account on the server. ... PC and the certificate request now works. ... (I'd check both the server and the client PC). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)