Re: IIS root

From: user (user@user.com)
Date: 04/08/03

From: "user" <user@user.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:26:50 -0400

It was NTFS permission to IUSER. Its all set now. But still I can not
connect to my web site from other inetnet domain.

Thanks Jeff.

"Jeff Cochran" <jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com> wrote in message
> Well, if anonymous access is checked, then it really comes down to
> NTFS permissions. Make sure the IUSR account has access to the web
> folders in NTFS permissions.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 06:45:04 -0400, "user" <user@user.com> wrote:
>
> >yes, i want to allowed Anonymous access to the default web site. I have
> >check the anonymouse access box under security but it still ask for
username
> >and password. I have also given permission to wwwroot folder.
> >

> >"Jeff Cochran" <jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com> wrote in message
> >> Do you allow anonymous access to the site?
> >>
> >> Jeff

> >the

Intranet ->

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Website allows everyone in, not matter what
    ... issue when using Coldfusion MX and IIS with NTFS permissions set. ... CF will bypass the NTFS permissions and allow ANY user to view ... should see a check box that says something about allowing anonymous access. ... access rights for different users on a web site. ...
  • Re: IIS Website Authentication
    ... but typical are NTFS permissions being granted to ... or you have allowed anonymous access to that resource. ... Jeff ...
  • Re: Website logon window
    ... Make sure that you have enabled Anonymous Access, ... used for anonymous access has NTFS permissions ... > I have managed to use this to disallow access to some users who have been> dissallowed viewing of a page - they are presented with a login window and> prompted for alternative credentials. ... the place the site will be used most> some how have blocked the login window from popping up giving me the> unauthorised page straight away with no way to logon. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: Anonymous logon and ISAPI in IIS 5
    ... dlls. ... When I checked NTFS permissions on those, anonymous users didn't have ... So is the disk on which the files for the web site are located. ...
  • Re: Removing restricted access
    ... >displayed error. ... >>To allow Anonymous Access you have to check the ... >>Note that IIS will honor NTFS permissions. ... >>on domain or local account that has at least read ...