IIS 5.0 and security

From: user (user@user.com)
Date: 04/08/03

From: "user" <user@user.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:17:56 -0400

 I have install IIS 5.0 on windows 2000 server. Also i have install the IIS
lockdown tool and url scan.
I set the settings at IIS for Default Web Site
properties under "Directory Security" > "Anonymous access
and authentication control" > "Edit" as below.
1. checked for "Anonymous access" (no user name/password
required to access this resource)
2.Checked for "Basic Authentication" (password is sent in
a clear text)

When i access from local machine its fine but from othere machine in the
network it prompts for user name and password? Also from the internet other
domain i can not access at all?

Any idea?
Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS doesnot install in MCE 2--5
    ... This happens when you install IIS after the .NET framework is installed. ... The .NET Framework is not registered with IIS, so IIS doesn't know what to do with ASP and ASPX files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Migrating IIS4 - IIS6 - Best way ?
    ... might think is appropriate for a server product. ... Not everyone would use ASP going forward either. ... IIS 4 to IIS 6 migration can be found at ... >> specific decision to install IIS, it doesn't make sense to have to go ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: IIS Nightmare XP PRO Front Page 2003
    ... I would suggest install IIS with FP2000 extensions first to make sure you can access IIS from FP, ... To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see: ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Replacement for IIS
    ... It looks easier to uninstall the .Net FrameWork then install IIs ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • RE: Failed to bind to virtual directory root IIS (SMS2003)
    ... I think Webdav gets installed when you install IIS. ... BITS-enabled distribution points, and the site server needs it to communicate ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)