Re: Disable Port 8080/tcp

From: x y, mvp (levinson_k@despammed.com)
Date: 04/06/03

From: "x y, mvp" <levinson_k@despammed.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 07:50:17 -0400

If your server is listening on port 8080, sounds like a proxy server of some
sort has been installed on your computer. If you didn't install it, you
very well may be hacked. Here's how to find out:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#hacked
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#re-secure
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#harden

Here's information about how to close ports in general. Briefly, 1) you
want to determine what program or service is listening on that port by using
something like the free Fport from www.foundstone.com/knowledge and then
disable that program or service, and 2) you probably also want to use a
well-configured firewall.

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#closeport
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#firewall

"Rosario Jones" <rosjones@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Can someone give me instructions on how to disable port 8080 on a windows
> 2000 running IIS5?
>
> Thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: port forwarding problem
    ... > I rebooted into safe mode, shieldsup gave me the port as closed. ... Please put the router back and since this is a new XP install go to ... Make sure that your Internet connection is working and run vnc. ... Use TCPView to make sure that vnc is listening. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Is FreeBSD ready for desktop (Mozilla Flash)
    ... monitor,, somehow the install fails to detect ... "Macromedia Flash plugin is not available for FreeBSD. ... I quote again "Install the www/linuxpluginwrapper port. ... servers, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • New software uploaded by Denise on Oct 23 07:10:00 -4 2006
    ... and starting compiling the 'bar' port. ... and now where should you install your terminators? ... filter option may run a filter on the wrong type of file and cause ... FreeBSD does not currently support IBM's microchannel bus. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: KMDF Fakemodem not working
    ... I'm using the `Windows Vista and Windows Server Longhorn x86 Checked Build ... install the fakemodem with devcon: ... INf in the sample should tell you how to use devcon to install the driver. ... Why do I need to choose a COM port? ...
  • Re: HELP! core dumps: install, mtree, et cetera all of the sudden after portmaster security/cyrus
    ... I ran into a very delicate and nasty situation. ... by simply recompiling everything for port www/apache22, ... I can not find install or mtree. ... recovering a VM and nuked and repaved it using a LiveCD with a chroot, ...
    (freebsd-current)