Re: messaging Crash

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 04/04/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:45:55 +0800

asp is doing the right things. as the com object just responsible
to create a file and drop it at the pickup folder. if no issue
on doing that.. asp won't tell you any errors. next it's up to
smtp service to deliver your msgs.

i'm sure .bad tell you why. what's in there ? you can also
enable smtp logging (configure more fields) for extended logging.
this will give you more clues too.

next, does the unsent msgs always belong to the same groups of users ?
or domain ? or mail host ?

have you check your event log ?

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"amjad d" <amjad@harlan-corp.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Bernard
> even if it is only sending one email sometimes this service crashes
> without giving me any error massage and I have to reboot. The ASP code
> process it through and indicate that the email has been send without any
> error.
> One more thing, when it is used outside the local domain/Network then a
> non delivery status will be emailed back to the sender with all the
> embeded information or data from some form collection on the ASP page
> that suppose to go through to destenation recepient.
> I checked the .bad folder where it has files indicating Notification of
> non delivery status without giving me whats the proplem, I could not
> figuer it out. any ideas?
> Thansk again.

  • ASP send mail problem
    ... I am using Windows XP with IIS to send email. ... My ASP page sends the email OK ... because it goes from the Pickup folder to the Queue folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • ASP makes me angry as a clown ;)
    ... We got huge website based on ASP.NET and Microsoft Commerce ... possibility to choose between Royal Mail Standard Delivery, ... There's again a asp drop down list with different variants of product. ... I add values threw asp repeater. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols)
  • Re: messaging Crash
    ... without giving me any error massage and I have to reboot. ... The ASP code ... non delivery status without giving me whats the proplem, ...