Re: IIS, ASP, and MS Access

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 04/04/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:42:10 +0800

I know the permission reset part is definitely not normal.
I was saying if you open the mdb via MS Access execlusively,
you will get error in your asp pages.

what's your OS ? patched up to date ? if you can really
repo this error, I guess you should contact MS PSS and
open a case... you can ask if they will charge you or not.
if it's a bug, my guess is FOC. but not really sure, as
I never see this behaviour before :(

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"laurie kurilla" <lkurill@co.santa-barbara.ca.us> wrote in message
> BB, Thank you for taking the time to respond, however,
> the permissions ARE already also set at the folder level, and they are
> set for INHERITANCE.
>
> Per your statement: "the error msgs is normal since the mdb is already
> open by MS access. what's not normal is the
> 'permission' get reset issue.":     THIS IS NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOR.   The
> Access database is NOT open by me when I go back and test the ASP app.
> I open the Access DB through MS Access,I close the DB in MS Access.  I
> use my ASP app to talk to the database and get the message.  I go back
> to the permission settings and IUSR permissions are missing.  This is an
> easily reproducible problem, on every occurrence.
>
> Thanks anyway.

  • Re: User access on a company intranet
    ... All users need full permission on the folder where the mdb is located. ... You wouldn't need to do this in your copy of the database. ... then the only way to open the secure mdb is by using the mdw you ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: ASP.NET and Microsoft Access Database
    ... Ensure that your account has permission to create a new file in the folder ... where the .mdb exists. ... > I've set IIS user permissions to modify for the folder and mdb file, ...
  • Re: Mdw file not found
    ... We have seen this often enough to be certain that it is a Windows permission ... It is likely that the first person to open the mdb does not have ... Microsoft Access MVP ... showing the full path to Microsoft Access, the mdb file and the mdw ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: No access to Access files
    ... then check if any file is using the mdb file. ... >>Bernard Cheah ... >>> The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the ... >>> permission to view its data. ...
  • Re: how to share mdb on LAN
    ... But the shared folderand the MDB file are given Full control permission for ... Now one more complaxity how If I want to protect this MDB file from ... while Full control is there for everyone? ... The folder is given Full control to Everyone permission. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)