WebDAV and Windows Integrated Authentication

From: Tony Sharrocks (Tony_Sharrocks@nospamhotmail.com)
Date: 04/03/03

From: "Tony Sharrocks" <Tony_Sharrocks@nospamhotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:10:13 -0800

I am using Web Folders (WebDAV) to give read only access
to a number of files/folders stored on a Windows 2000
Server (SP3) Running IIS 5.0

I have set the permissions on the Virtual Directory (and
all sub directories) to use Windows Integrated

I am also restricting access on a folder by folder basis
using NTFS permissions so that User1 logs on and
see's/has access to one set of folders and User2 logs on
and see's/has access to a different set of folders.

The users have local accounts created on the web server
and are prompted for Username/Password as they enter the
site, which is what I want.

The problem is that when a user attempts to open a file
they are prompted again for username/password, this
happens for every file they attempt to open. When they
supply the username/password the file opens correctly

I need to find a way of stopping this multiple
authentication request.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Space running out
    ... Mobo controller RAID, Windows SW ... Here is the drill on freeing up space on C drives. ... How to move Exchange databases and logs in Exchange Server 2003 ... How to Move Small Business Server 2000 Company and Users Shared Folders ...
  • Re: Is it safe to move service pack folder?
    ... Best if you have 2 drives, ... Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows Technologies) ... When moving folders, especially your Exchange data base, revisit the ... How to move Exchange databases and logs in Exchange Server 2003 ...
  • Re: Volume Shadow Copy Previous Version of files missing
    ... I was actually not trying to access the Previous Version tab from the server ... folders is available. ... The only thing I know changed on that system were the windows updates I ... must have a working network connection and be viewing the volume as a shared ...
  • Re: Sp1 and Eval SBS 2003 Unable to Install
    ... > * Use Outlook to export the contents in the public folders to .pst files ... > partition and clean install SBS 2003 server. ... > Another way is to create a local profile, ...
  • RE: Offline Address Book error on send/receive
    ... Hi Jenny...I've done this reset successfully on a test server so I will be ... The folders are system folders. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...