WebDAV and Windows Integrated Authentication

From: Tony Sharrocks (Tony_Sharrocks@nospamhotmail.com)
Date: 04/03/03

From: "Tony Sharrocks" <Tony_Sharrocks@nospamhotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:10:13 -0800

I am using Web Folders (WebDAV) to give read only access
to a number of files/folders stored on a Windows 2000
Server (SP3) Running IIS 5.0

I have set the permissions on the Virtual Directory (and
all sub directories) to use Windows Integrated
Authentication.

I am also restricting access on a folder by folder basis
using NTFS permissions so that User1 logs on and
see's/has access to one set of folders and User2 logs on
and see's/has access to a different set of folders.

The users have local accounts created on the web server
and are prompted for Username/Password as they enter the
site, which is what I want.

The problem is that when a user attempts to open a file
they are prompted again for username/password, this
happens for every file they attempt to open. When they
supply the username/password the file opens correctly

I need to find a way of stopping this multiple
authentication request.

Regards,

Tony

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Space running out
    ... Mobo controller RAID, Windows SW ... Here is the drill on freeing up space on C drives. ... How to move Exchange databases and logs in Exchange Server 2003 ... How to Move Small Business Server 2000 Company and Users Shared Folders ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is it safe to move service pack folder?
    ... Best if you have 2 drives, ... Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows Technologies) ... When moving folders, especially your Exchange data base, revisit the ... How to move Exchange databases and logs in Exchange Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Volume Shadow Copy Previous Version of files missing
    ... I was actually not trying to access the Previous Version tab from the server ... folders is available. ... The only thing I know changed on that system were the windows updates I ... must have a working network connection and be viewing the volume as a shared ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Sp1 and Eval SBS 2003 Unable to Install
    ... > * Use Outlook to export the contents in the public folders to .pst files ... > partition and clean install SBS 2003 server. ... > Another way is to create a local profile, ...