Re: Trying to create a pass through for SSL

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 04/02/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:54:44 +0800

what do you mean by 'pass through' here ?
authentication or redirect ?

how is this virtual directory 'connects' to the internal
site ? do the internal site has a cert as well ?

would be helpful to have more detail on overall setup info...

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Ellen_WI" <Ellen.Kozel@sschc.org> wrote in message
> I created a website called secure.xyz.com and then a
> virtual directory inside that website called ~mis. The
> virtual directory connects to an internal website. In http
> mode the pass through to the site works fine, but when I
> attach the SSL certificate to the website and try to
> access the virtual directory I get a page not found error
> message. I have tested the root and SSL works fine up to
> there, but it seems it's not seeing the virtual directory.
> I checked the virtual directory and the certificate is
> attached to it.

Relevant Pages

  • I figured out the solution - This solution doesnt seem to work for a few of us
    ... I want users to be able to type http://servername and have the website automatically serve up the abc virtual directory. ... I tried doing the redirect as shown in the solutions but it does not work. ... under IIS but none are working. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: Using redirect for a folder/directory
    ... your question is about how to redirect both the ... If I've misunderstood anything, ... you need to redirect the website by following steps: ... Then you need to create a virtual directory in your new website named ...
  • Re: Using redirect for a folder/directory
    ... your question is about how to redirect both the ... If I've misunderstood anything, ... you need to redirect the website by following steps: ... Then you need to create a virtual directory in your new website named ...
  • Redirect to virtual folder under default website
    ... I want users to be able to type http://servername and have the website automatically serve up the abc virtual directory. ... I tried doing the redirect as shown in the solutions but it does not work. ... under IIS but none are working. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: settting up secure page, but get page cannot be displayed
    ... Can you explain a bit more how you have set up this virtual directory? ... David Dietz -- IIS Technical Lead ... |>My company has a public website hosted on a Win2k server ... |>asks for a user id and password, then loads the page. ...