Fail to Get Whole Client Certificate on Windows XP

From: JH Shao (jhshao@hotpop.com)
Date: 04/01/03

    From: jhshao@hotpop.com (JH Shao)
    Date: 1 Apr 2003 01:22:28 -0800

    Hi, All,

    I have problem to get the whole client certificate when IIS
    is running on Windows XP Professional. There is no problem
    for Windows 2000.

    The following statement is used to get the certificate and
    the result is wrong:

        Request.ClientCertificate("Certificate");

    There is no problem to get the "subject" etc with
    Request.ClientCertificate("subject"). The only problem is
    the whole certificate.

    Please advise. Thanks!

    JH

    • Re: Need help configuring Wireless Connection profile
      ... and I can only use the intel OR windows utility, not both at the same time. ... Windows authentication for all users,4129,LRG\ryanv,4149,Wireless WPA2 ... SMALL BUSINESS SERVER: ... STEP #1 Install Certificate Services ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • RE: updates after format
      ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    • Re: How configure IIS 6.0 to accept client certificates issued by
      ... But IIS needs to logon a Windows account, because every thread in Windows needs to have an identity of some kind. ... If you are using IIS 7, you could replace the default certificate authN module with your own, that just accepts the certificate, and merely has the thread use a default user identity. ... Hope this clarifies why I need to accept ANY client certificate. ...
    • Strange IIS 5 problem with client certificates
      ... We are having a strange IIS 5.0 problem involving client certificates. ... We have a system with a central server running Win2K and IIS 5.0, ... HTTPS, authenticate themselves via client certificate, and then POST data to ...
    • Re: Windows Update repeats
      ... You cannot install some updates or programs ... to a Windows component, install a service pack for Windows or for a Windows ... The Microsoft digital signature affirms that software has been tested with ... Publishers certificate store. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)