Re: Additional Restrictions - option

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 04/01/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:06:17 +0800

IIS FTP only support anonymous and basic. No windows integrated.
The things I'm wondering is when you set the additional anonymous
settings, some user works while some are not. if it works, meaning
the 'some other users' have some permission and rights issue.

You should try the filemon utility, it will shows you related
access issues.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"bimosekin" <bimosekin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> BB,
>
> Thanks.  The "users" group already have the permission
> mentioned in the KB: "Log on Locally" and Access this
> computer from the netwrok", and all the user_accounts are
> in this group.  The FTP is configured for both Anonymous
> and Windows integrated.
>
> I have anyway decided to do away with the "Additional
> Restrictions for Anonymous Connections" option.  The most
> funny thing now is that the problem still persist, which
> was not the case before.
>
> I no longer Know what exactly is going on.
>
> bimoseekin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Additional Restrictions - option
    ... you should run filemon on the ftp server. ... >>the 'some other users' have some permission and rights> issue. ... >>> bimoseekin ...
  • RE: FTP Permissions
    ... Since you've mentioned, you've given full permission to "Everyone", I assume ... in the FTP adapter configuration page ... The Everyone group represents everyone known to the Web server (FTP Server ... If I attempt to place a file into another FTP folder in a SendPort, ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Virtual Directory security issues.
    ... so now is webdav and not ftp. ... Track "Permission Denied" Errors on DLL Files ... >>> there is a tab called web sharing. ... >>> tab which gives you the folder security options. ...
  • Re: FTP User Isolation Mode Questions
    ... account doesn't have WRITE NTFS permission. ... is it possible to get the FTP service to follow shortcuts used as home ... directories or placed on the root of a physical home directory? ... > I would like to set up anonymous access on my FTP site, however, I do not> wish anonymous users to have upload permission. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: What the...??? FTP access wierdness
    ... try ftp and upload again. ... >> Bernard Cheah ... > 'write' permission set in the ftp site properties. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)