Re: Authentication dialog appears when it shouldn't

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 03/28/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:17:51 +0800

Well, you suppose to get prompt when you use
Integrated Windows Authentication.

what's the problem ? how user access IIS ?
what browser they using ? any error msgs ?
event log detail ?

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Daniel Moore" <Daniel.moore@level3.com> wrote in message
> I have several servers running IIS.  The web sites are
> configured to use integrated Windows authentication.
> After the web server has been up for a while (sometimes a
> week, sometimes longer), the web pages will start popping
> up a login dialog to authenticate.  Stopping and
> restarting IIS doesn't fix the problem. If the server is
> rebooted the problem goes away for awhile.
>
> Any ideas what is causing the servers to suddenly require
> authentication?

Relevant Pages

  • 403.1 and Integrated Windows Authentication
    ... First of all let me thank Jerry III for correctly identifying why IIS 6.0 ... was rejecting my attempts to use Integrated Windows Authentication. ... I created a registry file which modifies the ... their settings for them. ...
  • RE: IIS Integrated Windows Authentication problem
    ... to "Show friendly HTTP error messages." ... Make sure that all the accounts have the "Access this computer from the ... > - After extensive searching in the IIS logs, ... >>to Integrated Windows Authentication only. ...
  • Re: IIS logs for Exchange/OMA Access
    ... I restarted IIS and have requested the users to tell me if they have issues. ... Enabled Integrated Windows authentication ... Uncheck Enable anonymous access ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: w2k w/ sp3 IIS
    ... Hi Kevin, ... It sounds like what might be happening is Anonymous is failing so IIS is ... defaulting to either Basic or Integrated Windows authentication. ... | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ...
  • Windows Authentication problem with IIS6 (Win2k3)
    ... I believe the problem to be something related to the Kerberos technology, ... Internet Information Services (IIS) ... Shouldn't integrated windows authentication use their ... Windows 2000) that talked about Kerberos and Delegation. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)