Re: Odd Directory Passwords...

From: BB (
Date: 03/27/03

From: "BB" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:16:29 +0800

Not quite get you, but generally when you get password prompt,
it is related to permission settings, check the access method -
anonymous ? then check if iusr has at least READ permission on
the resource files.

Bernard Cheah
"Crowley" <> wrote in message
> Hi Guys, We have a sub-domain ""
> this is the same as going
> to ""
> Here's our problem... when we try and access the
> address "" a username and password
> prompt pop's up, entering the a login and pass for our
> win2k box will allow us access to the URL. On the other
> hand... we can type
> in "" and it does
> NOT ask for a username and password. Why would IIS be
> asking for a username and password for this URL?? We never
> set this sub-domain to be password protected. It only lets
> us in when doing absolute page calls... anyone have ideas?
> Thanks
> Crowley

Relevant Pages

  • Reauthenticate SSL password
    ... browser and authenticate again. ... browser I got the username and password prompt. ... until I hit "cancel", at which point I was given the message "You have ...
  • Re: Not prompted for admin user and pwd as Regular user when trying \domaincontrollerc$ anymore
    ... > I'd prefer to get the username and password prompt when they try to ... > Is there a certain permission setting or combo of settings that will ... > make this work for domain controllers? ...
  • Re: OWA has suddenly stopped working
    ... Ensure that your username and password are correct, ... OWA has also suddenly stopped working for me. ... I do not receive the password prompt, ...
  • Re: Where to store shared data files?
    ... restricted shell that offered only a limited number of possible operations. ... Make the username sf for shared files, ... then asdf at the password prompt. ...
  • Re: setting uafalternate 1 doesnot work
    ... The system will display a password prompt, ... after hitting return after entering system as the username. ...