Re: Read Permission in IIS 5.0

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 03/27/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:11:27 +0800

Configure the NTFS permission using windows explorer.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Troy Hammond" <troy.hammond@verizon.net> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I claim that even if I disable the Read permission on a
> virtual directory I can still view the files within this
> virtual directory.  Specifically, consider the follwing
> path:  http://SomeIPAddress/Folder/default.asp.  I claim
> that even if I disable the Read permission on the virtual
> directory Folder I am still able to view default.asp!  How
> can this be?  I unchecked Default Document.  I restarted
> the server.  I am only able to prevent viewing of the file
> by renaming default.asp to something else (very crude
> method).  I don't get it, what am I missing?
>
> Troy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: File permissions vary based on access method problem
    ... What do you mean by using the PUT method over HTTP 1.1? ... Enable Write permission on IIS mmc, ... directory is shared on the office intranet as H:, and a Virtual Directory ...
  • RE: Access to the path is denied - trying to write a file
    ... Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup. ... exception when there is unsufficient permission of the current ASP.NET ... Microsoft Online Support ... | I created a virtual directory in IIS 6.0 and my asp.net app runs fine. ...
  • web sharing folder
    ... have set the Write permission on the general tab in the ... IIS Mgr... ... >virtual directory which maps the UNC for the individual ... connecting to the folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Read Permission in IIS 5.0
    ... the browser (which is the same as the servers). ... machine with different username and password, ... > virtual directory I can still view the files within this ... > that even if I disable the Read permission on the virtual ...
  • Re: Newbie Question: Windows Explorer
    ... don't enter URLs into the address bar, and set your firewall to block ... > asks for permission to access the 'net whenever I wish to ... I cannot access websites. ... > I've been told that many people deny *Windows Explorer*, the file manager, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)