Re: Error code 401.2

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 03/21/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:39:28 +0800

Mm.. so you try access some sites and you got this msgs ?
if yes, it's shouldn't related your IE. it's the server site.

--
Regards,
Bernard
"JCW" <jkwent@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I'm new to this. I can browse fine for the most part (except for 1 or 2
> sites) with IE 6 or Yahoo. I just switched to DSL 2 days ago and this
stuff
> started. I don't know what you mean by what authentication. I don't know
> where event log is or what to look for. I know enough not to send
> attachments but a screen shot would make this all a little easier to
> explain. The one site I really need to get to is for a download I need.
It's
> along story. Thanks for any help.
> JCW
> "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com> wrote in message
> > 401.2 - Logon failed due to server configuration.
> >
> > anything in event log ? what authentication you use ?
> > what browser ?
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bernard
> > http://support.microsoft.com/
> >

> > "JC Wellcome" <jkwent@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > > I am new to this but I can't get to some websites due to
> > > a authentication issue. Before I can get into a
> > > particular website a login box comes up asking for a
> > > username and password (to authenticate I presume) and
> > > then a not authorized page with error code 401.2. Any
> > > help Please.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WSUS on SBS2003 Premium
    ... I trawled looking for authentication errors on websites following a look ... through the ISA logs. ... I have no clue as to why my SBS Premium including ISA needs Basic ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: IIS file/group permissions and multiple sites
    ... environment -- because are your websites a duplicate of how something ... website (doesn't matter what server) with one authentication protocol, ... website using the same authentication protocol. ...
  • Re: Newbieish question about standard security practices
    ... > how authentication is handled by various websites. ... It's just a matter of lazyness and site managers not doing the due ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: ISA 2004 report problem; IP addresses instead of user accounts
    ... Must al the rules that apply for that system be based on authentication? ... Some server can go anonymous to all websites ... some anonymous but based on network objects. ... Web Proxy authetication settings are not changed (only integrated is ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: ISA 2000 : Authentication box on the user pc..
    ... We did not check "ask unaunthenticated users for authentication". ... Destination: Certain_Web_Sites (Destination Sets) ... websites, ... just need to login once. ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)