hisecweb, iislockdown and urlscan

From: Turk (turkva@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/18/03

From: "Turk" <turkva@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:27:06 -0800

Sorry, I forgot in step four that you can also apply the
default basicsv.inf (for server) or basicws (for pro) from
the Security Configuration and Analysis snap in also there
by reverting your security policy back to the default
settings.

v\r
Turk

make
>changes to it and see what it does change. (Which is also
>the answer to number three)
>4. Use the Security Configuration and Analysis snap in to
>compare the template to your security database. (If it
>matches, it is installed)
>5. When you run the IIS lockdown tool, you have the
option
>to view changes before they are made. As for URLScan,
open
>the URLScan.ini file in the %SystemRoot%\System32
>\inetsrv\urlscan folder, it is the running configuration
>file for URLScan.
>
>I hope these quick answers helped.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A tool to manage security and reset default file and folder permissions
    ... > Click "Security Configuration and Analysis" and click Add. ... > In the console tree, right-click Security Configuration and Analysis, ... Setup Security template as a whole. ... notice that there is a checkbox to clear the database before import. ...
  • Re: Viewing Local Security Policy on Windows 2003 Member Server?
    ... "surpressed", if that is the right word, when domain policy applies. ... you want to save off the default configuration to a template you have two ... If you haven't modified the default security configuration from ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Disable program
    ... > Steve gives you some good pointers. ... > look into is the Security Configuration and Analysis Tool. ... > loaded with the proper template, will allow you to change the permissions ... Right click on the Security Configuration Analysis line - choose ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Disable program
    ... loaded with the proper template, will allow you to change the permissions on ... Configuration and Analysis' and 'Security Templates' ... Back in the created MMC, ... Right click on the Security Configuration Analysis line - choose ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Automatically updating File Permission through GPs on a stan d alone
    ... More than a dozen people contacted me requesting the useful online references for customizing security templates ... ... Security Configuration Manager overview ... > of the template format better documented ... ... Automatically updating File Permission through GP's ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)