Re: Access is denied

From: x y, mvp (levinson_k@despammed.com)
Date: 03/17/03

From: "x y, mvp" <levinson_k@despammed.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:02:25 -0500

Try enabling auditing to see who is being denied access to what. My guess
is it's either the IUSR account or the IWAM account or both.

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#auditing
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#iwam

"VV" <v@v.com> wrote in message
> Under Win XP, I created a folder and allowed access to it only for myself.
> Then I created a virtual directory that refers to this folder but access
> it is denied (in IIS). How can I get access to this virtual directory?
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Access is denied
    ... enable authentication in IIS MMC - on the virtual directory. ... ensure your user a/c has related NTFS permission on this folder. ... > Access to the virtual directory is denied for myself when I want to open it> in the IIS. ... My guess>> is it's either the IUSR account or the IWAM account or both. ...
  • Re: Access is denied
    ... If I grant access to the original folder to the local ... I get access to the virtual directory. ... want anybody except myself to have access to this folder. ... > is it's either the IUSR account or the IWAM account or both. ...
  • Re: File System Object Lockdown...possible?
    ... allowing him to run his script other then with the annonymous user. ... also verified that his site does use the IUSR account to run as annonymous. ... > If a developer is able to create a file in a folder outside his website, ... > permissions to write to that folder, ...
  • Re: screwed up ACL, what to do?
    ... I carelessly used cacls just now before experimenting on some some ... dummy directories and I denied access to a whole drive to everybody. ... I kind of got a hang of the command and it's options now, ... Folder Options -> View page and uncheck Use simple file sharing. ...
  • Re: Lost Document and settings files
    ... to which you have been denied access: ... How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP ...