Re: IIS and HTTPS

From: Lux (mushyuk@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/17/03

From: "Lux" <mushyuk@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 04:39:12 -0800

This can now be closed....

Thanks BB, i've managed to find out what i did wrong, it
was the configuration on the certificate, but its now
working ok.

Thanks

Rgs

Lux
Through HTTPS
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290391
>
>HOW TO: Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on
the Web Server or on
>an Intermediate Device
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290051
>
>"Cannot find server" or "DNS" Errors When Using SSL (Q &
A)
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292296
>

>if you do a netstat -an, do you see any binding of port
443 ?

>anything in eventlog ?
>
>--
>Regards,
>Bernard
>http://support.microsoft.com/
>

>"Lux" <mushyuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> i'm having a few problems configuring HTTPS and wondered
>> if anyone knows if there are any walkthoughs available.
>>
>> I've installed a certificate using certificate manager,
>> clicked on the "use SSL" check box, ok my site now asks
me
>> to use HTTPS instead of http, but when i try
>> https://localhost its telling me it cannot be displayed.
>>
>> I'm assuming i've done something wrong with the
>> certificate but i'm really not sure>?
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook over http
    ... Therefore you need to change the configuration in the IIS ... > machines must have a copy of the root certificate installed on them. ... >> When I setting in Outlook Basic Authentification,the url changes to HTTPS ... > and i want it to authentificate in HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Outlook over http
    ... Therefore you need to change the configuration in the IIS ... >> machines must have a copy of the root certificate installed on them. ... >>> When I setting in Outlook Basic Authentification,the url changes to HTTPS ... >> and i want it to authentificate in HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • IE https certificate attack
    ... A flaw in Microsoft Internet Explorer allows an attacker to perform ... server name with the name stored in the certificate. ... There is a flaw in the way IE checks HTTPS objects that are embedded into ... I don't know the source code of the Internet Explorer I cannot check the ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: IE https certificate attack
    ... How non-interactive ssl clients in EAI and web services software handle ... Subject: IE https certificate attack ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • [NT] Internet Explore HTTPS Certificate Attack
    ... A flaw in Microsoft Internet Explorer allows an attacker to perform a SSL ... There is a flaw in the way Internet Explorer checks HTTPS objects that are ... Explorer does only check if the certificate of the HTTPS server is ... Internet Explorer will only check if the cert was signed by a trusted CA ...
    (Securiteam)