Re: IIS and HTTPS

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 03/17/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:17:12 +0800

Have you try these ?
PRB: Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290391

HOW TO: Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on
an Intermediate Device
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290051

"Cannot find server" or "DNS" Errors When Using SSL (Q & A)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292296

if you do a netstat -an, do you see any binding of port 443 ?

anything in eventlog ?

--
Regards,
Bernard
"Lux" <mushyuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> i'm having a few problems configuring HTTPS and wondered
> if anyone knows if there are any walkthoughs available.
>
> I've installed a certificate using certificate manager,
> clicked on the "use SSL" check box, ok my site now asks me
> to use HTTPS instead of http, but when i try
> https://localhost its telling me it cannot be displayed.
>
> I'm assuming i've done something wrong with the
> certificate but i'm really not sure>?
>
> Any suggestions?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HTTPS Problems
    ... Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... > to the OWA URL http:// it give me a notice saying you need to connect via ... The Certificate was a pre-existing one. ...
  • Re: SSL within IIS
    ... PRB: Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... "Tim Economides" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Installing SSL on a web site
    ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... I installed a local CA on my web site using the> Microsoft ca server. ... I then> had it apply the ca certificate from the local server. ... The problem is if I enable> require ssl then try to https: the web page i get page> can't be viewed. ...
  • Re: cannot view https://
    ... PRB: Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... > verisign. ...
  • Re: Debugging tips on SSL problems
    ... Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... > Web Server, install SSL Certificate, the site then requires the user to> use https. ... > The only remaining thing that I can come up with is that somehow our> Internal DNS server is having difficulty resolving the https for the> particular web domain. ...