IIS and HTTPS

From: Lux (mushyuk@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/17/03

    From: "Lux" <mushyuk@hotmail.com>
    Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:43:39 -0800

    Hi guys,

    i'm having a few problems configuring HTTPS and wondered
    if anyone knows if there are any walkthoughs available.

    I've installed a certificate using certificate manager,
    clicked on the "use SSL" check box, ok my site now asks me
    to use HTTPS instead of http, but when i try
    https://localhost its telling me it cannot be displayed.

    I'm assuming i've done something wrong with the
    certificate but i'm really not sure>?

    Any suggestions?

    • IE https certificate attack
      ... A flaw in Microsoft Internet Explorer allows an attacker to perform ... server name with the name stored in the certificate. ... There is a flaw in the way IE checks HTTPS objects that are embedded into ... I don't know the source code of the Internet Explorer I cannot check the ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: IE https certificate attack
      ... How non-interactive ssl clients in EAI and web services software handle ... Subject: IE https certificate attack ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • [NT] Internet Explore HTTPS Certificate Attack
      ... A flaw in Microsoft Internet Explorer allows an attacker to perform a SSL ... There is a flaw in the way Internet Explorer checks HTTPS objects that are ... Explorer does only check if the certificate of the HTTPS server is ... Internet Explorer will only check if the cert was signed by a trusted CA ...
      (Securiteam)
    • RE: Outlook HTTPS over RPC error - Inconsistent users
      ... If the clients are using Outlook with PRC over HTTP and issue ONLY occurs ... issue which means it might be a client Outlook configuration or workstation ... over HTTPS because there is a problem with the certificate assigned to the ... With RPC over HTTPS no such pop up ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: SSL for SharePoint errors
      ... everything is HTTPS and works fine. ... After you success run CEICW to create self-signed certificate for SBS, ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)