Re: multiple certificates

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 03/11/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:52:03 +0800

When you deploy second cert, is it binding on
difffernt IP or ports ?

the reason you get those prompt, because the
url and the cert common name not matching.

click to view what cert was retrieve and
company with the url you visiting.

I suspect that you accessing the 2nd sites
but the 1st cert was retrieved.

to solve this, ensure you running 2 certs
either on same IP diff ports or 2 different
IPs. SSL default port is 443.

Rgds.

"Sam" <sam@amenguat.net****> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We run a webservers with IIS 5 and are hosting various
> domains. For one customer I installed a 40 bits Verisign
> certificate (1024) and that worked OK.
>
> I installed another certificate for a new site and ran a
> test by putting a simple default.htm in the secure
> directory and tried to access it.
>
> Imagine my surprise when I got a warning that the name did
> not match the website and was redirected to the secure
> section of the first site. I checked the certificate at
> the warning and it was the certificate for the first site.
>
> The certificates are installed in two different webs and
> have a different folder structure.
>
> Anyone saw this before? KB, Technet and Verisign do not
> give me any hints!
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Sam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: multiple certificates
    ... > The certificate you get accessing the second site is from ... > the first site. ... > I restarted IIS and the problem stays the same! ... >>url and the cert common name not matching. ...
  • Re: multiple certificates
    ... The certificate you get accessing the second site is from ... changed the SSL port for secure to 444 (the first site is ... >url and the cert common name not matching. ... SSL default port is 443. ...
  • Re: Insurance Certificates Database
    ... table based on a questionnaire, ... We did have a commercial certificate tracking application a while back, ... I agree my Indefinite Cert Fields look like fixed attributes of the ... firm. ...
  • Re: Insurance Certificates Database
    ... I agree my Indefinite Cert Fields look like fixed attributes of the ... piece of data as an attribute of the insurance certificate (excepting firm ID ... The Policies table presents more of a problem than the Certs table, ... I suggested having a different table for each type of policy to solve this ...
  • Re: Insurance Certificates Database
    ... table based on a questionnaire, ... We did have a commercial certificate tracking application a while back, ... breaking the data down into various tables, ie normalization. ... I agree my Indefinite Cert Fields look like fixed attributes of the ...