exe's no longer download

From: Peter (peter.yungel@eclipsys.com)
Date: 03/10/03

From: "Peter" <peter.yungel@eclipsys.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:02:20 -0500

    A while back I ran the IIS Lockdown wizard on my site. One of the
options I implemented was for users not to be able to run exe files (in the
log file there are a host of DenyAce-- entries that I think show this) from
the site. Now my users can not download files with an 'exe' extension. These
links timeout with a http 500 error after a few minutes. I need to re-enable
the ability for users to download exe's but I can't deteremine what Lockdown
changed based on the log files. I can not run the lockdown tool again to
uninstall it from this server as it wreaks havoc on multi-homes servers
running ISAPI filters (I know this from experience). So I need a way to
manually reconfigure downloadable support for exe files.