exe's no longer download

From: Peter (peter.yungel@eclipsys.com)
Date: 03/10/03

From: "Peter" <peter.yungel@eclipsys.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:02:20 -0500

    A while back I ran the IIS Lockdown wizard on my site. One of the
options I implemented was for users not to be able to run exe files (in the
log file there are a host of DenyAce-- entries that I think show this) from
the site. Now my users can not download files with an 'exe' extension. These
links timeout with a http 500 error after a few minutes. I need to re-enable
the ability for users to download exe's but I can't deteremine what Lockdown
changed based on the log files. I can not run the lockdown tool again to
uninstall it from this server as it wreaks havoc on multi-homes servers
running ISAPI filters (I know this from experience). So I need a way to
manually reconfigure downloadable support for exe files.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: exes no longer download
    ... the instructions in the documentation. ... Now my users can not download files with an 'exe' extension. ... > uninstall it from this server as it wreaks havoc on multi-homes servers ... > manually reconfigure downloadable support for exe files. ...
  • RE: downloading EXE files and FTP access on the client
    ... the SBS by default allow to download any file thru ... HTTP and FTP from Internet. ... What error do you get when you try to download .exe files? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant download exe
    ... To help protect your computer.Windowshasblockedaccessto this file ... help and support shows Mail which is nothing to do with the download andwindowsblockingaccess. ... I have vista ultimate and it too wont let me donwload .exe files. ... user control, disabling windows defender entirely, turned internet ...
  • Re: Trouble Downloading
    ... I am aware of Netzip and the problem it causes with .exe files. ... >now I can download exe files just fine. ... >>Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems ...
  • IE6/W2K SP4 cannot download EXE files
    ... My brothers computer point blank refuses to let him download exe files - he ... window opens a window but no URL or data in the status bar and nothing ... Set IE security settings to lowest possible ...