Re: OWA and SSL - Confused...

From: Pete Ruby (
Date: 03/06/03

From: "Pete Ruby" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:50:42 -0500

I'm refuring to the documentation from MS KB# 290625. When I try to go to
the web site,, I receive a 404 error. Its #1
under the "Submit a Cert Request" portion of the document.

Thanx for clearing up the other part.

"Keith W. McCammon" <> wrote in message
> > I installed Cert Server from Win2K CD, it seemed to go OK.
> > I tried following MS KB - : Configure SSL in a Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 -
> >;EN-US;290625. When I
> get
> > to "Submit a Cert Request", I can not get the
> > http://YourWebServerName/certsrv/, ie.
> > The server is internal, so we get to via the HOSTS
> > Am I doing something wrong?
> I'm not sure what you're talking about. You don't "get" anything. You
> fill in the information in the request tool via IIS and submit.
> > The second part is: Is following MS KB 290625 the same as creating a
> > myself? If I am only using it for OWA, I'm not concerned about it not
> being
> > "certified" by a big name, ie Verisign. If I did use Verisign, do I
> > need to install Cert Server? BTW, Cert Server is on the same server as
> > IIS/OWA, etc.
> VeriSign is a CA. You are a CA. One or the other is sufficient, as long
> you have a cert from somewhere.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security Flaw with Digital Signatures in Outlook
    ... > There are no replies from CERT in my documentation beause CERT did not ... > other email headers (I never talked about all headers, ... The documentaiton is from both Outlook (which fails to ...
  • Re: PEAP-TLS with MS NPS
    ... noticed that some documentation says the user/computer cert should ... Workstation Authentication certificate templates contain this purpose ... had that object identifier), but the workstation authentication cert ...
  • Re: Certificates -- Basic Question
    ... documentation... ... >If you use MS Certificate Services to create a cert request (uses the COM ... If a private key is marked as non-exportable you can't ...
  • Re: SSL on IIS6
    ... The problem is the cert that I ... but if I use the SSL Diag ... the cert server create a cert that isn't working? ... > webserver) pointing to the IP that the website is using. ...
  • Re: Exchange 2003 Cluster and HTTPS OWA
    ... When you go through the cert request in IIS, one of the options should be to ... I could then finalise the request on the first server. ... >> Then export it and install it on the second server. ...