Re: Howto: transition *out* of SSL to a non-secure page

From: Steve Jansen (steve.jansen@nospam.byteinteractive.com)
Date: 03/05/03

From: "Steve Jansen" <steve.jansen@nospam.byteinteractive.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:02:12 -0500

You cannot use Server.Transfer for this. Use Response.Redirect instead.

--
-Steve Jansen
Byte Interactive
"Josh Korn" <joshkorn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry... I should have been more specific.
>
> What I need to know is how to transition from a secure page to a
non-secure
> page using Server.Transfer (which won't let me give it an absolute URL,
and
> it doesn't accept the obvious http:GetMeOutOfSecureMode.asp)
>
> Josh
>
> "Ken Schaefer" <kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> > page</a>
> >
> > (same can be done with javascript, <meta http-equiv="refresh"> and ASP:
> > Response.Redirect())
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ken
> >
> > --
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > "Josh Korn" <joshkorn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I must be overlooking something. It's easy enough to transfer into a
> > secure
> > > page -- all you do is say that the page requires SSL (etc), and you're
> off
> > > to the races.
> > >
> > > So far, so good. But at the end of a $$ transaction, I want to
> transition
> > > a non-secure confirmation page... how do I do that?
> > >
> > > Josh Korn

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Howto: transition *out* of SSL to a non-secure page
    ... What I need to know is how to transition from a secure page to a non-secure ... >> to the races. ...
  • Re: How To Abandon Microsoft
    ... > are into the machine from the network, and secure them. ... back in the old days of free software ... ... days of free software and the age of charging for software ...
    (sci.crypt)