Re: Cannot login to a secured web site

From: Steve Jansen (steve.jansen@nospam.byteinteractive.com)
Date: 03/05/03

From: "Steve Jansen" <steve.jansen@nospam.byteinteractive.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:01:05 -0500

Are you sure that you didn't have multiple IIS authentication schemes
enabled for your site?

I would bet that you had Basic or Digest authentication enabled, and that
Netscape users were being authenticated over Basic or Digest rather than
Windows authentication.

--
-Steve Jansen
Byte Interactive
"Sergi Gisbert" <sergiSPAMOUT.gisbert@ua.es> wrote in message
> Yes. It really worked before, and still does because we
> haven't migrated yet until we solve this question. The
> only difference is Service Pack 3 vs SP2, and the latests
> patches...  Only administrators can gain access with
> Netscape 7...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WS-Security vs. IIS Authentication
    ... IIS Authentication works at the HTTP transport level ... > you can't use WS-Security as an alternative mechanism. ... it's nice to leverage Windows Integrated Security for Single ...
  • Re: IISSecurity
    ... Basic authentication with an SSL / HTTPS certificate from ... > You can use the build in IIS authentication. ... > scholarships. ...
  • Re: Authentication from a SAM base / IIS
    ... Ok, I'm happy to learn that if I can solve this IIS authentication, all my ... against local or domain windows accounts. ... ComputerScience students on wich they upload their files and other ...
  • Re: Authentication pb with IIS7, II7.7
    ... In IIS authentication I get: ... Anonymous authentication: disabled ... Windows: Enabled HTTP 401 challenge ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • RE: Authenticating to Native SQL 2005 Web Services
    ... Integrated Windows Authentication works only in ... IIS Authentication and Security for Internet Developers ... Authenticating to Native SQL 2005 Web Services ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)