Re: HTTPS Newbie - What do I need to start?

From: x y, mvp (levinson_k@despammed.com)
Date: 03/04/03

From: "x y, mvp" <levinson_k@despammed.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:49:36 -0500

... and for more information on this and most other IIS questions, see
www.iisfaq.com/ssl

Most of the certificate providers like www.entrust.net [around $120 / year
for a cert] will have detailed step by step instructions telling you how to
request and install a cert.

"Runner" <pwright@diamondchain.com> wrote in message
> The price for SSL can be zero, if you generate your own server
certificate.
> The downside to that is that your cert will not be in the default list on
> the user's browser, so they'll get a prompt asking if they trust your
site.
> If it's a small number of users you're dealing with, you can add the site
> their list manually.
> "Wayne & Carr" <NoSpam@spam.net> wrote in message
> > This is what I have learned so far.
> > Best price for a certificate, "SSL" and a free "30 day trial"
> >
> > http://www.instantssl.com/products/trialssl.html
> >
> > It gives you all the information on how to get the Certificate for your
> > Windows Server Version,
> > And how to set it up.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wireless Set up Problem (Attn Owen Williams)
    ... OK I will try your instructions and let you know OK. ... CERTIFICATE AUTHORITIES, it asked me to select the root Certificate ... Authority for the IAS server certificates (which was configured as ... choose the cert for the SBS server or the server running IAS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 291 time
    ... Birol you should read your MCP agreement... ... MCSE+Messaging on Windows Server 2003 ... I will try the 291 cert soon, and i would like to know how many time did U ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: 291 time
    ... Birol AYDUGAN ... MCSE+S+M 2003 MCDBA ... MCSE+Messaging on Windows Server 2003 ... I will try the 291 cert soon, and i would like to know how many time did ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Cert processing in IE5.5
    ... By default IE 5.5 does not do any revocation check unless it is turned on - ... same as all other versions of IE prior to Windows Server 2003. ... "Ian Wade" wrote in message ... I understand X.509 and the inner workings of> SSL, and I know what a client *should* do in checking a cert, but I> don't know what IE5.5 actually *does* do. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Certificate request
    ... we are trying to request a cert from our CA. i followed the steps in the help & supportcenter. ... and you dont have sufficient rights ... Windows Server 2003 SP1 Standart Edition ...