Re: browser risk vulnerability

From: x y, mvp (
Date: 03/03/03

From: "x y, mvp" <>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:43:19 -0500

In general, this sounds like an advertisement trying to scare you into
purchasing something. It also sounds more like a privacy issue [that some
people might not care about] instead of a security issue per se. Also, when
you browse the web, it's pretty normal for people to be able to see a lot of
what you do, which is why you use encryption and certificates to protect
some transmissions of passwords and online banking, but not every page you
browse to is worthy of protecting in this way.

Before I worry about this message, the first thing I would do to improve
security and privacy would be these: