Re: browser risk vulnerability

From: x y, mvp (levinson_k@despammed.com)
Date: 03/03/03

From: "x y, mvp" <levinson_k@despammed.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:43:19 -0500

In general, this sounds like an advertisement trying to scare you into
purchasing something. It also sounds more like a privacy issue [that some
people might not care about] instead of a security issue per se. Also, when
you browse the web, it's pretty normal for people to be able to see a lot of
what you do, which is why you use encryption and certificates to protect
some transmissions of passwords and online banking, but not every page you
browse to is worthy of protecting in this way.

Before I worry about this message, the first thing I would do to improve
security and privacy would be these:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#harden
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#adware

"chris" <dk015b3305@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> i keep getting from symantec website that my browser
> allows others to see what web suts i surf, what do i do
> to avoid this.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to ensure the security of Messengers?
    ... SSL for privacy and integrity) in the "Messengers". ... particular product in mind? ... > Despite the security of username and password, ... > users encrypted to protect the security and privacy of users? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How do they go door to door?
    ... The 4th Amendment wasn't written to protect a terrorist from being arrested. ... It was written to protect people security in the privacy of their homes.. ... idea and intent was to keep authorities from violating your privacy, ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • How to ensure the security of Messengers?
    ... Despite the security of username and password, Is the dialogue between two ... users encrypted to protect the security and privacy of users? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Procedures to protect the privacy and security of documents
    ... I have a module on security to complete and would like any assistance on "The ... Procedures to Protect the Privacy and Security of Documents". ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • For Tex, (Listening & Watching)
    ... "No Place to Hide might just do for privacy protection what Rachel ... We live in an ever more convenient society. ... O'Harrow unveils a modern world riddled with seemingly innocuous private ... Department of Homeland Security aggressively sought access to these ...
    (rec.arts.poems)