MSXML30 and SSL on IIS5

From: essam elshaar (essam.elshaar@t3.com.eg)
Date: 03/01/03

From: "essam elshaar" <essam.elshaar@t3.com.eg>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 05:21:10 -0800

dear sir
i use the MSXML30 (xmlhttp30)on the client to connect to
IIS4 with winnt4 on the server using SSL (https)protocol,
and every thing was OK.
when i uograde the sever to IIS5 with windows 2000 my
client get the following status code and text:
xmlhttp30.status=403
xmlhttp30.statustext=Forbidden
 i tried to use msxml4.0 getting the same status,

note :
      i have another version of my client written using
JAVA and run over websphere, this version works
successfully in the two cases. (i.e with IIs4 and IIS 5
server)

i want to know the solution for that problem and uograde
sevral serveres to IIS5 on windows 2000 instead of winnt
and iis4
thanks in advance
essam elshaar

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
    ... Open Server Management. ... then right-click the name of the computer running Windows Small Business ... >From the client computer: ... The Select Network Component Type ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
    ... The printers with 9x drivers on the server appeared automatically in the ... > then right-click the name of the computer running Windows Small Business ... > From the client computer: ... The Select Network Component Type ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: after installing KB011829 OWA is not working anymore
    ... Based on my research, after you install hotfix KB911829, I suggest we ... Profile WMI Provider to each client computer that is running Windows Vista ... If you are running the Premium Edition of Windows Small Business Server ...
  • Re: DHCP Issues. Very strange
    ... I understand the issue to be: some client computers ... can not obtain IP from SBS server. ... it is most possible a client side issue of Windows ... since you have join it to SBS domain and the Windows XP SP2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Authentication flaw in microsoft SMB protocol
    ... Microsoft uses SMB Protocol for “File and Printer sharing service” in all ... Authentication is used to authenticate the client on the server. ... logged-in user requests for a network share on the server, Windows ...
    (Bugtraq)