Re: SSL And How To......

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/28/03

From: "David Wang [Msft]" <someone@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:56:28 -0800

It sounds like you were using Explorer/IE and confused it with a combination
of '\' and '/' as well as protocol, so it just played it safe and displayed
a file:/// instead. Normal browsing wouldn't have this non-issue since they
are not on the server itself.

SSL is essentially something you enable (and can force it to be only SSL)
after designing and creating the website completely. It really can be just
"turned on" if you have the links in the website correctly (no absolute
links).

--
//David
//
"Wayne & Carr" <NoSpam@spam.net> wrote in message
Hello "Keith W. McCammon"
> > I have just installed a "30-day trial" of the InstantSSL. "SSL"
> > Could someone please let me know, how to use it?? As in? I go to my main
> web
>
> You have to install the cert via IIS.

As I have written in the original posting,
I have already Installed the "SSL" Into my IIS. That is done and was quick
and easy
Something that I will be able to do time and time again, without viewing any
more
Information on it.
> > site and type in the "https://" At the beginning of my domain, and it
> bring
> > the page open, but all the links are pointing to my physical directory?
> What
> > do I do to make the links show up properly? Using "ASP extensions" ?
>
> The file extension has nothing to do with SSL.

I have just seen some of the post on here, where some people have had
problems
With .asp extension, they is why I ask, But basically I was asking for some
good
Informational sites that may give me information on how to set up
everything.
> There are plenty of docs on this.  Start at microsoft.com and iisfaq.com.
> The information is there.  You just need to take your time and read it...

The " issfaw.com" site, has some good information, But soon after I posted
this
I found some more sites, and one on the Microsoft KB. But am having some
problems with it, but am trying other ways.
I am going to do some more digging, to see what I can come up with
Wayne

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OWA - changing passwords
    ... Install and configure Secure Socket Layer (SSL) on the server. ... Set Up an HTTPS Service in IIS ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: SSL And How To......
    ... > You have to install the cert via IIS. ... I have already Installed the "SSL" Into my IIS. ... > The file extension has nothing to do with SSL. ...
  • RE: IIS and SSL
    ... I have created and installed a key certificate ... | and configured IIS to use ... | SSL on port 443 on my machine's IP address. ... install the certificate request. ...
  • Re: SSL broken after Windows 2003 upgrade
    ... The svchost.exe you reference is "IIS". ... routes them to the appropriate w3wp.exe based on configuration from WAS ... WFetch can make both a normal SSL request as well as a Client-Certificate ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Trend Micro CSM Suite v2 and ISA 2004
    ... SSL is the default, and it should work. ... Run setup - install on IIS is generally the only selection available. ... Accept the client installation for the SBS (installs the Officescan ... then open the admin console. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)