Re: SSL And How To......

From: David Wang [Msft] (
Date: 02/28/03

From: "David Wang [Msft]" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:56:28 -0800

It sounds like you were using Explorer/IE and confused it with a combination
of '\' and '/' as well as protocol, so it just played it safe and displayed
a file:/// instead. Normal browsing wouldn't have this non-issue since they
are not on the server itself.

SSL is essentially something you enable (and can force it to be only SSL)
after designing and creating the website completely. It really can be just
"turned on" if you have the links in the website correctly (no absolute

"Wayne & Carr" <> wrote in message
Hello "Keith W. McCammon"
> > I have just installed a "30-day trial" of the InstantSSL. "SSL"
> > Could someone please let me know, how to use it?? As in? I go to my main
> web
> You have to install the cert via IIS.
As I have written in the original posting,
I have already Installed the "SSL" Into my IIS. That is done and was quick
and easy
Something that I will be able to do time and time again, without viewing any
Information on it.
> > site and type in the "https://" At the beginning of my domain, and it
> bring
> > the page open, but all the links are pointing to my physical directory?
> What
> > do I do to make the links show up properly? Using "ASP extensions" ?
> The file extension has nothing to do with SSL.
I have just seen some of the post on here, where some people have had
With .asp extension, they is why I ask, But basically I was asking for some
Informational sites that may give me information on how to set up
> There are plenty of docs on this.  Start at and
> The information is there.  You just need to take your time and read it...
The "" site, has some good information, But soon after I posted
I found some more sites, and one on the Microsoft KB. But am having some
problems with it, but am trying other ways.
I am going to do some more digging, to see what I can come up with