Re: UrlScan available for IIS 6.0?

From: Tomas Jeffries (TomJef12@hotmail.NOSPAM.com)
Date: 02/27/03

From: "Tomas Jeffries" <TomJef12@hotmail.NOSPAM.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:16:17 -0500

My mistake :) I knew it comes locked down out of the box -- I assumed it was
included...bad assumption :)

"David Wang [Msft]" <someone@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a frequently asked question:
> 1. URLScan is not a part of IIS 6
> 2. Existing versions of URLScan can run on IIS 6, but you will have to
> manually extract and run the URLScan installer.
>
> A Lockdown tool is not needed for IIS6 because it already comes locked
down.
> Thus, you will not need URLScan to get secure -- you can run URLScan
> optionally for defense in depth, though some URLScan features are not as
> fine-grained as IIS6 features.
>
> We will be providing information on common troubleshooting and some cures
> for symptoms to help you open up only the necessary parts of the system
for
> functionality.
>
> --
> //David
rights.
> //
> "Tomas Jeffries" <TomJef12@hotmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> It is part of IIS 6.0
> "Brian Kuhn" <kuhnbr@ksd.org> wrote in message
> > I have a server with the Beta 2 of Windows.NET Server 2003
> > installed. I would like to have UrlScan installed, but IIS
> > LockDown tool only applies to IIS 5. Does anyone know if
> > there is going to be an IIS LockDown Tool available for
> > IIS 6.0, and if UrlScan will be available as well?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ASP.NET 2.0 maximum URL length?
    ... explicitly installed on my IIS7/Vista system? ... URLScan - an add-on tool I have not installed. ... It's a recommended install for IIS 4.0 and 5.0, ...
  • Re: Restrict by UserAgent
    ... Performance concerns for the Apache solution is real because in that case, ... I would not automatically assume that the same caveat affects IIS ... > Well, after going through the available documentation on URLScan 2.5, it ... Apache cannot do this without using a custom module which happens to ...
  • Re: URLscan problem
    ... I did indeed restart the IIS server after ... I took a look at the URLscan log files and found my ... >URLscan seems to be causing a problem with public folder ...
  • RE: IIS Lockdown Blues
    ... If you're having that many problems just running iislockd and the URLScan ... unrelated to IIS or the Lockdown Tool. ... > installing the corrupted URLScan installation. ...
  • RE: IIS 5 Log FIle Question
    ... IIS 5 Log FIle Question ... Below is a snippet from the logs. ... Does the fact the it says <Rejected by urlscan> imply ... This E-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses before delivery. ...
    (Security-Basics)