Re: UrlScan available for IIS 6.0?

From: Tomas Jeffries (TomJef12@hotmail.NOSPAM.com)
Date: 02/27/03

From: "Tomas Jeffries" <TomJef12@hotmail.NOSPAM.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:58:07 -0500

It is part of IIS 6.0
"Brian Kuhn" <kuhnbr@ksd.org> wrote in message
news:012c01c2de91$0dd8a040$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I have a server with the Beta 2 of Windows.NET Server 2003
> installed. I would like to have UrlScan installed, but IIS
> LockDown tool only applies to IIS 5. Does anyone know if
> there is going to be an IIS LockDown Tool available for
> IIS 6.0, and if UrlScan will be available as well?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: URLscan problem
    ... I did indeed restart the IIS server after ... I took a look at the URLscan log files and found my ... >URLscan seems to be causing a problem with public folder ...
  • [NT] Heap Overrun in HTR Chunked Encoding Could Enable Web Server Compromise
    ... This patch eliminates a newly discovered vulnerability affecting Internet ... in IIS 4.0 and 5.0, and could likewise be used to overrun heap memory on ... allowing code to be run on the server. ... * Microsoft has long recommended disabling HTR functionality unless there ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Problem with connect computer wizard
    ... Make sure the Windows XP client is pointing to the SBS 2003 server as ... Please collect the IIS metabase and the latest IIS log files further ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: W3SVC, SMTP, IISAdmin services stopping..hacking?
    ... That SEARCH request is indicative of an attempt to exploit the ... of URLScan blocks SEARCH requests such as this one. ... Internet Services Manager -> right click on your server name -> Properties ... does contain a number of other very important security fixes for IIS. ...
  • Re: VS .NET & SDK vs. IIS LockDown & URLScan
    ... The Web Server Has Been Locked Down and Is Blocking the DEBUG Verb ... Stepping into a Web application or XML Web service failed because the IIS ... URLScan is a security tool that works in conjunction with the IIS Lockdown ...