Re: Website locks up when viewing certificate in IIS 5.

From: charlie (charliebwhite@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/27/03

From: "charlie" <charliebwhite@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:59:17 -0800

You mean to tell me all your .asp pages pop right up while
you have this View Certificate window open?

I just installed a whole new web site with a certificate I
just bought today. Again, once I view the certificate on
this site, and try to pull up any .asp page, regardless if
it's in the root or any subfolders, they take up to 1
minute to finally come up each request. all other non .asp
pages pop right up. Once I close this window, everything
is fine. There was one instance I got a hex error
displayed on my browser window while waiting for a .asp
page to come up. I couldn't recreate that problem once
that happened though.. that was scary..

I'm going to continue to do more testing and researching..
till then I hope someone can give me a Microsoft article
mentioning anything related to this. I've already had one
person tell me it is a bug with IIS 5, but not big enough
bug to be a concern. I'm trying to understand why this is
so. Another guy tells me the problem happens with him so
and tells me to just make sure I don't leave that window
open. (I hope I don't get anymore answers like this). I
need solutions or articles off Microsoft with info on
this. I can't find any.

view
>> certificate open. HTM pages pull right up. See if it
>> happens for you with ASP pages? Do they slow down
>> significantly?

this
>> >: problem?
>> >:
>> >: Now I just need someone to give me links / fixes for
>> this
>> >: problem.. I've only been told it's a known bug in IIS
>> 5..
>> >: but "it's not an important bug".. that's bull!
Companies
>> >: can lose money from this like we did. Admin got done
>> >: updating the Verisign SSL certificate, opened it up
>> >: check it installed successfully. Left it open and
went
>> >: lunch. And we get 10-50 business transactions per
>> minute!
>> >:
site
>> is
>> >: >> halted and nobody can access the website until I
>> close
>> >: >> that window. Why does this happen with IIS 5?
>> >: >>
>> >: >> Does this happen for anybody out there if they
try it
>> >: >> themselves with an installed verisign SSL
>> certificate?
>> >: >
>> >: >
>> >: >.
>> >: >
>> >

>> >.
>> >

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Website locks up when viewing certificate in IIS 5.
    ... Regards, ... >> you have this View Certificate window open? ... >> this site, and try to pull up any .asp page, regardless ...
  • Re: Website locks up when viewing certificate in IIS 5.
    ... > How do you export and re-import the certificate? ... > elsewhere in IIS, ... >>> you have this View Certificate window open? ... >>> this site, and try to pull up any .asp page, regardless ...
  • Re: Website locks up when viewing certificate in IIS 5.
    ... you might want report to MS about this. ... > You mean to tell me all your .asp pages pop right up while ... > you have this View Certificate window open? ... > I just installed a whole new web site with a certificate I ...
  • Re: Problem with client certificates after upgrade
    ... There is some issue with the actual format of Certificate returned ... > application (ASP, not ASP:NET) that uses client certificates. ... > the public key and checks in the database for that public key. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Website locks up when viewing certificate in IIS 5.
    ... How do you export and re-import the certificate? ... >> you have this View Certificate window open? ... >> this site, and try to pull up any .asp page, regardless ... I couldn't recreate that problem once ...