From: Chris Curtis (support@no_spammitre.net)
- Next message: Jeff Cochran: "Re: Cannot run ASP page"
- Previous message: AC: "User login on IIS server"
- Next in thread: Jeff Cochran: "Re: DNS Ports"
- Reply: Jeff Cochran: "Re: DNS Ports"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "Chris Curtis" <support@no_spammitre.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:44:55 -0000
Not sure if this is correct newsgroup but...
setting up a webserver running W2000 advanced server which is also a name
I have been told that I need to open port 53 on tcp and udp to the 'whole
world' for dns.
Is this standard practice and is there any way of reducing security risks?
Not too clued up (usual support person unavailable!) but keen learner so
feel free to direct me to some useful info sources.