IIS4 --> Common Name??

From: Wayne & Carr (NoSpam@spam.net)
Date: 02/26/03

From: "Wayne & Carr" <NoSpam@spam.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:47:06 -0500

Hello All;
I am fixing to download a 30 day trial SSL From:
www.instantssl.com And in this following information
It ask for the "Common Name" While [Creating a New Key]
Can this Common Name be:
[Host Header Name: ie security.carrz-fox-fire.com]
Or do I have to use the "carrz-fox-fire.com" (or) get another Domain Name
For the Security Web Page?

Please help on this, as I am in the middle of making the "key" now.
And would like to test this key out soon.

-----This is the information from the site for the Common Name--

The Common Name field should be the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) or
the web address for which you plan to use your Certificate, e.g. the area of
your site you wish customers to connect to using SSL. For example, an
InstantSSL Certificate issued for comodo.net will not be valid for
secure.comodo.net. If the web address to be used for SSL is
secure.comodo.net, ensure that the common name submitted in the CSR is
secure.comodo.net

-----End information ---------------------------------------------

Thank you
Wayne

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Wayne & Carr Barron
Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions..
http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com
Delphi Fire Security Resources Site...
http://delphi.carrz-fox-fire.com
Eric Carr Tribute
http://eric-carr.carrz-fox-fire.com
Carrz DreamMaster {Web & Graphics Programming}
http://www.carrz-dreammaster.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Tube Lines to bid for only one Metronet contract? - The Guardian
    ... between Barons Court and Acton Town it is Tubelines JNP, (with Ealing ... Common being Metronet SSL - I think). ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: "Common Name" of iSeries hosted website?
    ... then the common name would be www.mysite.com. ... I get a "Security Alert" message when I use the SSL with the warning being "The name on the security certificate does not match the name of the site.". ... Verisign says the solution involves the "Common Name" of the certificate not matching the configuration of my website. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: IIS4 --> Common Name??
    ... the common name must match ... the url fqdn name. ... > your site you wish customers to connect to using SSL. ... > Eric Carr Tribute ...