Re: IWAM running as IUSR

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 02/24/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:39:06 +0800

Take IWAM is a bus and IUSR is the passenger.

Rgds.

"at" <tarasul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Resolved myself - process running as IWAM and impersonate aonymous user as
> IUSR. sic
>
> "at" <tarasul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm running IIS5 on standalone Win2K server. It was absolutely clear for
> me
> > that when I run web application in high isolation it's running as IWAM.
> > Checking component services snap-in confirms this again
> > Then I've wrote 4 lines asp which opens trusted connection to local SQL
> > Server. SQL Server configured to allow connection from both IUSR and
IWAM
> > accounts. SQL connection is made as IUSR, not IWAM (!!!)
> > Another 2 lines asp access file system (objFSO.OpenTextFile) and it's
> again
> > happen as IUSR (I've enabled auditing on the file).
> >
> > The TokenMon do show that some activity happen on IWAM account for
> > dllhost.exe, but then this thread again impersonate as IUSR.
> >
> > So what is running as IWAM account? What's going on? I've never see this
> > documented.
> >
> > Also the legend that isolated process have low priviledge is a bit
> > exaggarated - a lot of activity on "isolated" dllhost.exe is happen
under
> > SYSTEM account.
> >

> > Thanks
> > Alexander

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IWAM running as IUSR
    ... Resolved myself - process running as IWAM and impersonate aonymous user as ... > I'm running IIS5 on standalone Win2K server. ... SQL Server configured to allow connection from both IUSR and IWAM ... > So what is running as IWAM account? ...
  • Re: IWAM running as IUSR
    ... Resolved myself - process running as IWAM and impersonate aonymous user as ... > I'm running IIS5 on standalone Win2K server. ... SQL Server configured to allow connection from both IUSR and IWAM ... > So what is running as IWAM account? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Low Vs Medium Isolation Level
    ... Yes, when running medium pool or high isolation, the process ... iwam is the bus driver and iusr is the passenger. ...
  • Re: IWAM running as IUSR
    ... Take IWAM is a bus and IUSR is the passenger. ... > Resolved myself - process running as IWAM and impersonate aonymous user as ... >> So what is running as IWAM account? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: permission denied after XP upgrade
    ... It appears to be problems with IUSR_ - not sure whether ... >Try enabling auditing to see what account is being denied ... >and there's a problem with that account, such as the IWAM ... >> I use IIS as a web server locally for testing out web ...